Re: Problems compiling addrow with gcc-mingw (windows).

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111382] Re: Problems compiling addrow with gcc-mingw (windows).
  • From: "Eduardo M. A. M.Mendes" <emammendes at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 06:45:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi

Unfortunately neither option works.   LinkPatterns[lnk] return [] in both
cases even though I can see that there is addtwo.exe program running.

I tried with the PreBuiltExamples and it worked.  The problem is with the
addtwo.exe created by gcc-mingw.

I went back to your previous post and decided to install cygwin.  Following
Rolf Mertig's post (first one on your list), I have modified his Makefile
and included cygwin1.dll on a dir that Windows can search (Rolf did not talk
about his but I had to do it in order to get addtwo.exe working). Voila,
addtow.exe works with Mathematica as the precompiled version did.

The big thing that makes it work is that one should not use anything that
comes from C:\Program Files\Wolfram
Research\Mathematica\7.0\SystemFiles\Links\MathLink\DeveloperKit\Windows\Com
pilerAdditions\cygwin. Instead copy everything from C:\Program Files\Wolfram
Research\Mathematica\7.0\SystemFiles\Links\MathLink\DeveloperKit\Windows\Com
pilerAdditions\mldev2.  Go figure! (I am getting used to the idea that
Mathematica documentation is not be trusted entirely - it never ever shows
the true story.)

With that information, I went back to my gcc-mingw and changed the libs,
includes and exe to mldev32 (not cygwin).  I then modified the previous
Makefile to use gcc-mingw and now addtwo.exe compiled with mingw works
within Mathematica.

Many thanks for your help and patience.

Regards

Ed

PS. Now I can start figuring out what to do with my fortran code.