Nonlinear Least Squares lsqnonlin

I'm trying to solve a system of non-linear equations that involves
logarithms of several variables. I have developed code in another system to do
so using the function lsqnonlin.  Is there an equivalent function in
Mathematica 7?

I need to input the function matrix, the initial approximation vector,
and the precision and get a vector with the solution values of the
variables.

I don't seem to find anything by searching on the web.

Thank you