Re: O'Reilly Ebook Deal of Day: Mathematica Cookbook ($9.99)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110277] Re: O'Reilly Ebook Deal of Day: Mathematica Cookbook ($9.99)
  • From: telefunkenvf14 <rgorka at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 02:10:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Jun 10, 7:09 am, telefunkenvf14 <rgo... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Group:
>
> I purchased the brand new Mathematica Cookbook when it came out and
> just noticed it was listed as an ebook 'deal of the day' a while
> back... I'm not sure how long the offer stays open---so get on it!!
> (FYI, I did check and the code worked for me as of June, 9th.)
>
> http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596521004
>
> Select 'ebook' format and enter the following coupon code at checkout:
> DDMTC
>
> IMO, Sal has done a great job with this book. Lots of comparisons with
> other languages and programming paradigms. You really can't go wrong
> at this price! (in addition to PDF, you're also able to download the
> book in .nb file format.)
>
> -RG

FYI: I emailed O'Reilly about the missing .nb files last night. (I
just happened to be purchasing some other O'Reilly books and thought
I'd check the available eContent in my account.) I assure you that
the .nb files do exist----I've previously downloaded them!

If you purchase and don't see the notebooks available for download,
try sending O'Reilly an email. They're usually good about responding
in a day or so. I'll report back when I hear from them.

-RG