Re: WORKBENCH VS MATHEMATICA

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110342] Re: WORKBENCH VS MATHEMATICA
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 18:53:21 -0400 (EDT)

On 6/13/10 at 4:11 AM, noslowski at comcast.net (J and B) wrote:

>In writing code which is the preferred method, Work Bench or
>Mathematica?

Everyone will have their own preference based on their personal
preferences and work flow. For me, I code in Mathematica rather
than Workbench

>In ether one, why do you use it vs. the other?

Although, I've done some investigation with Workbench, I've yet
to see a compelling advantage over coding in Mathematica. And
since I've used this means of coding long before Workbench was
available, without a compelling advantage of Workbench over
Mathematica for coding, I've no motivation for changing.