Re: Dynamic window popup question

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg110356] Re: Dynamic window popup question
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 02:28:45 -0400 (EDT)

Here's the beginnings of some code which does what you're looking for.  The
critical insights are to use Button[] instead of PopupWindow[] (Button holds its
second argument), and to use DynamicModule[] to make guarantee that the function
you use in Button[] is properly initialized.

 Tooltip[Table[{RandomReal[], RandomReal[], RandomReal[]}, {50}]],
 PlotStyle -> {PointSize[.02]}]

 % /. Tooltip[arg_, ___] :> Button[arg, myMakeGraphics[arg]],
 Initialization :> {myMakeGraphics[Point[{a_, b_, c_}]] :==
    CreateDocument[Plot[a Sin[b x^c], {x, 0, 2 \[Pi]}],
     WindowSize -> Fit, WindowElements -> {}]}]

John Fultz
jfultz at
User Interface Group
Wolfram Research, Inc.