Re: Reading Binary Data from SQL Request

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110391] Re: Reading Binary Data from SQL Request
  • From: Stephan Schiffels <stephan80 at mac.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 05:39:24 -0400 (EDT)

Well, exactly, but there isn't!

The binary data looks something like

SQLBinary[{12,14,25,123,144,0,0,12,0,0,12,14,34}], i.e. it is just a sequence of bytes, arranged in a list.

I coudn't find a way of reading from this byte-array like a stream.

As I said, I can write this data to disk, using BinaryWrite... but reading from it like a stream is not possible.

If anyone knows how to use the BinaryRead function with such data, I'd really appreciate it.

Stephan