Ballistic launch trajectory code

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110420] Ballistic launch trajectory code
  • From: Dan <dflatin at rcn.com>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 02:04:32 -0400 (EDT)

I was wondering if anyone could point me toward a Mathematica based
code or a package, commercial or otherwise, that can compute a
ballistic launch trajectory. I am envisioning something that provides
position, velocity, and acceleration state vectors as a function of
time in an earth centered inertial frame. Ideally, this would make use
of a standard gravitational model such as the one used in SGP4. I have
ported SGP4 to Mathematica, and I would like to add this function to
my tool suite.

Thanks in advance,
Dan Flatin