Bar chart style with ListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110449] Bar chart style with ListPlot
  • From: "Michael A. Gilchrist" <mikeg at utk.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 07:46:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I'm working with some discrete probability functions and plotting them using
ListPlot.  Given the nature of the function, I believe its clearest to
represent the values using bars rather than points.  I know there's a BarChart
function, but it isn't as easy to use (e.g. you can't just give it a list of
x, y coordinates and you can't easily have overlaying datasets, they sit next
to each other).

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and/or has any
suggestions on how to solve it.  For example, are there options I can set that
will give me the desired behavior?

Thanks for your time in this matter,

Sincerely,

Mike