Re: Bar chart style with ListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg110484] Re: Bar chart style with ListPlot
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 03:46:54 -0400 (EDT)

   PDF[BinomialDistribution[50, 0.3], k]},
  {k, 0, 30}],
 Filling -> Axis,
 FillingStyle -> Thick]

Bob Hanlon

---- "Michael A. Gilchrist" <mikeg at> wrote:

I'm working with some discrete probability functions and plotting them using
ListPlot.  Given the nature of the function, I believe its clearest to
represent the values using bars rather than points.  I know there's a BarChart
function, but it isn't as easy to use (e.g. you can't just give it a list of
x, y coordinates and you can't easily have overlaying datasets, they sit next
to each other).

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and/or has any
suggestions on how to solve it.  For example, are there options I can set that
will give me the desired behavior?

Thanks for your time in this matter,