Re: Normal with GeometricTransformation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110500] Re: Normal with GeometricTransformation
  • From: Mark McClure <mcmcclur at unca.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 02:12:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 5:36 AM, David Park <djmpark at comcast.net> wrote:
> The "More Information" for the GeometricTransformation function states:
>
> "Normal[expr] if possible replaces all GeometricTransformation[Subscript[g,
> i],\[Ellipsis]] constructs by versions of the Subscript[g, i] in which the
> coordinates have explicitly been transformed."
>
> I just wonder if "if possible" means "never" ...

I complained about this very issue to Wolfram technical support back
in version 6.0.  As far as I can tell, nothing has been done about it.
 Of course, it's fairly easy to implement on your own but, then, it
should be very easy for Wolfram to get it to work as advertised.  It
would also be quite convenient, particularly with the proliferation of
Graphics primitives.

Mark McClure