Re: "changebit" front-end option for Demonstrations NBs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107938] Re: "changebit" front-end option for Demonstrations NBs
  • From: divisor <congruentialuminaire at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 05:52:13 -0500 (EST)

Thanks John...there's more on this...

I guess that this Option does not apply to DynamicModule[]. The
VirtualBook explains that DynamicModule[] saves values in the front-
end.

The following one-line test will preserve the values after
NotebookSave[]/NotebookOpen[]. But if you bring up a notebook and
change a value in a DynamicModule[], Mathematica will allow the user to quit
the notebook without any prompt for Save.

DynamicModule[{x = .5}, {Slider[Dynamic[x]], Dynamic[Plot[Sin[10 y x],

Roger Williams
Franklin Laboratory