Re: Re: "changebit" front-end option for Demonstrations NBs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107974] Re: [mg107938] Re: "changebit" front-end option for Demonstrations NBs
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 05:28:35 -0500 (EST)

There is nothing about the option which "applies" to DynamicModule.

Saveable->False is the way to get your notebook to never appear as changed, no
matter what.  Saveable->True is the default behavior.  Your question, it seems,
is about the default behavior.

There are a few changes which you can make to a notebook which do not set the
changed flag.  If you save the notebook, they'll still be saved, but the FE
won't annoy you about having the notebook be changed because the change is in a
class of changes which are considered too trivial.

Changes to DynamicModule variables fits in that class.  Opening and closing cell
groups also fits in that class.  Probably a few other things I'm forgetting,
too.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com