Re: Transition to Wolfram Workbench

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108031] Re: Transition to Wolfram Workbench
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 04:01:12 -0500 (EST)

In article <hmqiun$sg6$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >> I just realized that there is an extra setting for the help system, in
> >> Preferences -> Help -> "Open Help Contents" you can choose to open help in
> >> an
> >> external browser.
> >
> > Are you talking about something in Mathematica Preferences here, or in
> > the Mac OS Help System or some other OS?
>
> this thread is named Transistion to Wolfram Workbench, so I thought it
> was clear we are talking about Wolfram Workbench and of course it is the
> preferences of the workbench that I was talking about...
>
> hth,

Yes, it does, thanks.

To pursue the inquiry a bit further, Workbench seems to be called an
"environment" -- a term that may have varied meanings.

Would it also be properly called an "app"?

As an operational question, if you Open Workbench on a Mac, does
"Workbench" appear just the right of the Apple Menu in the menu bar?