Re: Getting nice PlotMarkers, and some more ListPlot styling

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108087] Re: Getting nice PlotMarkers, and some more ListPlot styling
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 06:12:21 -0500 (EST)

You can use any kind of graphic or symbol as plot marker. Just
genereate them with the Mathematica drawing tools (see Graphics menu)
and copy them in the PlotMarkers option. For the horizontal line you
could use the minus sign, the Dash or LongDash characters or a drawn
horizontal line in a graphic.

Copying graphics from an outside source should also be possible.

If you want to see what automatic markers are avaible try something
like

ListPlot[Table[{i, i + 1, i + 2}, {i, 20}], PlotMarkers -> Automatic]

Cheers -- Sjoerd