Re: Convert to lower Mathematica version

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg108655] Re: Convert to lower Mathematica version
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 05:36:30 -0500 (EST)

dornakul wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A colleague has an older Version of Mathematica (4.1) and cannot open
> my notebooks.
> I run Mathematica Version 7.
> Is there a way to convert my Notebooks to make them compatible with
> the lower version?
>
> Thank you for your help!
> Dornakul

If you convert your notebook into a .m file, it should be possible to
read it with Get in 4.1, but I am not sure if you can display it and cut
and paste it back into a 4.1 notebook. However, you could open the .m
file with a text editor and cut and paste from that into a 4.1 notebook.

Of course, having done that, you would have to make changes to eliminate
the use of any new functions, and you would have to remember that plots
were generated as a side-effect back then!

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk