Re: Definition of Deploy

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109571] Re: Definition of Deploy
  • From: "E. Martin-Serrano" <eMartinSerrano at telefonica.net>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 06:08:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Tomas:

The Spanish Word for "Deploy" is "Desplegar" (no doubt at all).

Anyway, the term, in Spanish, is fairly polysemic, but it is not exact to
say that "Desplegar" conveys only military meaning. The meaning of
"Desplegar" can be paraphrased in Spanish as: "Distribuir y ubicar un
conjunto de recursos en el lugar adecuado de tal modo que su utilidad se
ajuste a un determinado proposito y quede listo para operar". The closest
English words would be "Arrange" or "set out" or, more precisely, the
expression "Put something in place and gets it ready just for its intended
use". I think that the term "Deploy" for that command conveys a similar
meaning. When you write "Deploy[graphic]" you do that to actually "release"
the graphic in the form you expect the user should use it.

It is my cent, and hope it will help/Espero que te ayude.

Emilio.