Re: Easy question, please help to run a function n times

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109622] Re: Easy question, please help to run a function n times
  • From: Joe Hays <hays.joe at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 07:08:22 -0400 (EDT)

I would use a FOR loop and collect the generated points in a preallocated
vector like,

M=74;
n=88;
T = Range[10000];
For[i=1, i<=10000, i++,
     R= RandomReal[{15,23}];
];
myMean = Mean[T];

However, this is very much a procedural programming approach. I'm sure the
Mathematica experts helping on this list can provide a more efficient
approach...

Joe