Re: Easy question, please help to run a function n times

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109610] Re: Easy question, please help to run a function n times
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 07:06:11 -0400 (EDT)

M = 74;
n = 88;
No = 306;
R = RandomReal[{15, 23}, {10000}];
t = M/(R/n);

mu = Mean[t]

348.482

No - mu

-42.4819

StandardDeviation[t]

43.0218

Bob Hanlon

---- Kevin <kxcarmichael250 at hotmail.com> wrote:

=============
I am trying to run the function t= M/(R/n), where R is a random number generated between 15 and 25. What function do i use to run this simulation 10,000 times and calculate the mean and std error from 306.

This is what i have so far
M=74
n=88
No=306
R= RandomReal[{15,23}]
t= M/(R/n)
t = x; Do[t = M/(R/n), {10000}]

Everything is working for me except how to run the simulation 10,000 times