Re: How to write reports and books in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109648] Re: How to write reports and books in Mathematica
  • From: "Dominic" <miliotodc at rtconline.com>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 06:38:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Per,

Based on what you wrote I gather you're not familiar with StyleSheets in
Mathematica.  That's what you need to learn how to use.  You either use
an existing Stylesheet or create your own.  The StyleSheet then has
various cell templates that you choose to enter various formatted data
into your notebook.  For example if you wanted to enter a block of
descriptive text, you would choose the "text" style, and then as you
enter text into that cell style, it's formatted as simple text although
embedded math can be entered as well.  There is a whole process for
managing, editing, creating, and using stylesheets in Mathematica.  For
example, if I just wanted to startout using the Book stylesheet, I would
choose File/New/Styled Notebook/Book.  That loads a default stylesheet
in a default "book" style.  But you would need to understand how to use
those styles and edit the styles and I'm not aware of a good reference
for that.

Dominic