Re: PDE coupling boundary problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109665] Re: PDE coupling boundary problem
  • From: schochet123 <schochet123 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 06:26:55 -0400 (EDT)

As you discovered, NDSolve cannot handle interface problems with
conditions in the middle of a domain. You therefore need to map both
sides into a single domain and formulate the interface condition as a
boundary condition in the new domain. For your problem you can let
q3[t,x] equal q2[t,2-x] so that q3, like q1, is defined for 0<x<1, and
the interface condition becomes a boundary condition at x=1

Steve