Latex, Mathematica, and journals

Can anyone tell me why there is no WYSIWYG interface for Latex?
Any time I want to publish a paper I have to relearn it again, since I
publish rarely.

I would gladly use MS Word if the math journals would accept it.

And is there any movement to accepting Mathematica output, properly formatted?

Steve Gray