- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg109764] Code optimization
- From: "S. B. Gray" <stevebg at ROADRUNNER.COM>
- Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 05:57:02 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: stevebg at ROADRUNNER.COM
Suppose I have an expression like
foo =(expression 1)/denominator + (expression 2)/denominator
where "denominator" is itself a complex expression. Is it worthwhile for
me to compute "denominator" once and use it explicitly in foo, or will
Mathematica cleverly deduce that it needs to be computed only once?
My guess is that Mathematica is an interpreter so it will not optimize the code.
Prev by Date:
Latex, Mathematica, and journals
Next by Date:
Questions about Word Wrap etc.
Previous by thread:
Re: Latex, Mathematica, and journals
Next by thread:
Re: Code optimization