Re: need your help!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109765] Re: need your help!
  • From: "S. B. Gray" <stevebg at ROADRUNNER.COM>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 05:57:14 -0400 (EDT)

On 5/13/2010 4:24 AM, Ben wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> My name is Berihu Teklu. Currently I'm doing a research about
> propagation of entanglement in channel described by structured
> reservoirs. I'm working with Mathematica (version 6.0) .
> And now I have a problem, I try to plot an equation at the end  in the
> attached mathematica file (which is in my case Entanglement of
> Formation). And even after hours of working I don't get any plot.

Without reading your code, if I had a problem like yours, I would
eliminate all code except that directly concerned with plotting, even
using simple fake data if necessary. Once that works you know that the
Plot code works correctly. Then I would add a bit of your real code, try
the plot again, and add more and more real code. I have had to do this
many times and eventually I succeed.

I have encountered situations where some simple code looked perfect on
the screen but did not work. Then when I retype the whole thing all over
again, it works, even though the good and the bad code looks identical.
The only thing I can think of is that somehow one or more invisible
characters got mixed in.

Good luck with fixing your problem.

Steve Gray