Questions about Word Wrap etc.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg109766] Questions about Word Wrap etc.
- From: "S. B. Gray" <stevebg at ROADRUNNER.COM>
- Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 05:57:24 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: stevebg at ROADRUNNER.COM
1. Why does it in effect need a blank like at the end of the text cell to wrap properly? 2. Why does it wrap when the rightmost text is many inches from the right edge? I basically never use it and wonder if I'm doing something wrong. (It wouldn't be the first time!) Also is there a way to default it to off? 3. I changed the default (* comment *) color to red because the original one is almost invisible on my screen. Now when I want to change the color of part of a comment, the whole thing changes to blue. ??? In general I find that the more Mathematica tries to help me with text formatting, the more I hate its efforts. (I find the same problem, but to a lesser extent, with MS Word.) Unsolicited advice to text application programmers: stop trying to help me except in obvious and really necessary ways. Steve Gray