Questions about Word Wrap etc.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109766] Questions about Word Wrap etc.
  • From: "S. B. Gray" <stevebg at ROADRUNNER.COM>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 05:57:24 -0400 (EDT)

1. Why does it in effect need a blank like at the end of the text cell
to wrap properly?

2. Why does it wrap when the rightmost text is many inches from the
right edge?

I basically never use it and wonder if I'm doing something wrong. (It
wouldn't be the first time!) Also is there a way to default it to off?

3. I changed the default (* comment *) color to red because the original
one is almost invisible on my screen. Now when I want to change the
color of part of a comment, the whole thing changes to blue. ???

In general I find that the more Mathematica tries to help me with text
formatting, the more I hate its efforts. (I find the same problem, but
to a lesser extent, with MS Word.) Unsolicited advice to text
application programmers: stop trying to help me except in obvious and
really necessary ways.

Steve Gray