Re: Latex, Mathematica, and journals

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109770] Re: Latex, Mathematica, and journals
  • From: "J. McKenzie Alexander" <jalex at lse.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 08:51:25 -0400 (EDT)

Have you tried LyX? It's a front end to TeX/LaTeX that many people find use=
ful. Another program which you might try is TeXMacs. In my experience (I've=
 tried both, briefly), I was sort of torn: LyX seemed to work better, but T=
eXMacs provided a proper WYSIWYG display. The downside to TeXMacs, I found,=
 was the lack of suitable documentation. It was also slow and somewhat bugg=
y, but this was several years ago and I would expect it to have improved si=
nce.

There are some commercial front ends as well, if you feel like paying.

LyX:	http://www.lyx.org/

TeXMacs: http://www.texmacs.org/

Cheers,

Jason

--
Dr J. McKenzie Alexander
Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method