Re: Remove points from InterpolatingFunction

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg109791] Re: Remove points from InterpolatingFunction
  • From: "Ingolf Dahl" <ingolf.dahl at telia.com>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 02:00:47 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Frank,
To me it is not completely clear what you are trying to achieve.
Either you could remove some of the control points for the definition of the
interpolation function. Mathematica can give you an interpolation function
in this case also, in the one-dimensional case. This function can of course
become very imprecise in the empty interval.
Or you might want to redefine the function in the unsure interval, and
replace it by something else. Then you maybe could add some extra control
points in the small interval? It depends on your problem what is suitable
and allowed.
With an already defined InterpolationFunction, you might check the structure
by looking at the FullForm of it, and make some surgery on that, bur that
sounds not as the easiest way.

Best regards

Ingolf Dahl
ingolf.dahl at telia.com