Changing image from grey-scale to another

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg109885] Changing image from grey-scale to another
  • From: ebaugh at
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 06:45:12 -0400 (EDT)

How would one convert a grey scale image into another color

By "another color-scale" I mean rather than rendered in shades
of grey, rendered in shades of a different color.

Many thanks,

In case you were wondering why I am asking:
I am attempting to use Mathematica to analyse microarray data.
The capture software outputs multi-image tifs.
One image represents a green wavelength, another image
represents a green wave length. But they are rendered in grey
scale. These images get combined to give a ratio of the two
wavelength, but for that to work, they have to be converted from

Jason Ebaugh, PhD.
Ad astra per aspera