Re: combining ArrayPlot with ListLinePlot

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg109913] Re: combining ArrayPlot with ListLinePlot
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 00:43:01 -0400 (EDT)

It might help if you could post the actual, evaluable, Mathematica code, or
maybe the code for a simplified case with simulated data that still exhibits
the same problem.

Just describing what you did in general terms or posting screen shots will
sometimes not capture the source of the problem.

David Park
djmpark at

From: Vadim Zaliva [mailto:krokodil at]

I would like to thank everybody for their answers. The problem is not
solved yet.

I tried setting data range and it did not help. The data used in array
plot has dimensions {44,2000}.

So I expect x to be in range {1,2000} and y in {1,44}.
However when I right click on Array Plot and select "Show
Coordinates" I can see that x is indeed in the right range, but
y range is something like {-45,82}. A screenshot:

For list line plot, dimensions length all my data vectors is 2000. So
I exect
X range to be {1,2000} and y range depend on data values. Indeed on
the plot
I see ticks showing correct values for X, but "Get Coordinates" shows
ranges approx. {-0.1,1}. Screenshot:

I think this is the source of the problem. Show using x range
{1,2000}, so all ListLinePlot is probably
squeezed into couple of pixels in the beginning. Result of Show:

Show supposed to take range from the first element, but for some
reason changing order of plots in
show does not make any difference.