Re: can't get Mathematica 5.2 to evaluate anything
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg113597] Re: can't get Mathematica 5.2 to evaluate anything
- From: John Nagelson <johnnagelson at yahoo.co.uk>
- Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 03:58:53 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2 Nov, 10:03, John Nagelson <johnnagel... at yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Hi, I'm using Mathematica 5.2 on Win XP Pro SP2. The program opens > fine but when I enter e.g. "2+2" into an input cell and press Shift > +Enter, all I get is "Running...Untitled-1*" in the bar at the top of > the window. Evaluation gets caught in a loop. Hi, I still haven't managed to solve this, and would be very grateful for any help! Regards, John > Choosing Kernel|Abort Evaluation has no effect, so I have to go Kernel| > Quit Kernel|Local, which works.