Numerical solution of the heat equation on a disk with Dirichlet

Hello,

I would like to get a numerical simulation of the heat equation with Dirichlet boundary conditions on a disk. With the problem I have, the function does not depend on theta, so we get :

u_t = u_rr + (1/r) u_r

It introduces a singularity as goes to 0 and Mathematica can not solve the problem with NDSolve. Is there a way to go around this ?

Best regards,
Francois

PS : I know that I can do Bessel expansion, but it's not what I want to do here.