Re: Re: MathLink and c++ compiler

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113678] Re: Re: MathLink and c++ compiler
  • From: "Chris Degnen" <degnen at cwgsy.net>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 05:12:08 -0500 (EST)

Paolo emailed:

> Hello,
> now the fatal error with ml32i3.dll is "invalid file cannot read at 0x2A8"
>
> rgrds,
> Paolo

Hi, Sorry I can't help you further.

I found an unresolved symbol problem using ml32i1m.lib, which went away when
I used ml32i3m.lib instead.
To illustrate, here is the command sequence from the MathLink documentation
which I used at the Visual Studio command prompt:-

Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 x86 tools.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC>prompt $g

>cd \docume~1\chris\mydocu~1\factor

>SET CL=/nologo /c /DWIN32 /D_CONSOLE /W3 /O2 /DNDEBUG

>SET LINK=/NOLOGO /SUBSYSTEM:console /INCREMENTAL:no /PDB:NONE kernel32.lib
>user
32.lib

>CL factor.c
factor.c

>LINK factor.obj ml32i1m.lib /OUT:factor.exe
factor.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _MLOpenArgcArgv@16
refere
nced in function _init_and_openlink
factor.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

>LINK factor.obj ml32i3m.lib /OUT:factor.exe

>factor -linklaunch
Integer to factor: 1234
2 ^ 1
617 ^ 1