x and y labels in ArrayPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113690] x and y labels in ArrayPlot
  • From: Gordon Robertson <grobertson at bcgsc.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 03:37:20 -0500 (EST)

I would like to plot an array of integer values, and to put labels on
each row (a,c,b) and column (A,B,C) of the array, with x-labels on the
left and y-labels above and potentially rotated by 45 or 90 degrees.
ArrayPlot seems appropriate, but I do not see how to add the labels.
I've tried to check the Help documentation carefully, including
MatrixPlot and alternatives, and the WRI demonstrations.

data = {{1, 2, 3},
   {2, 3, 4},
   {3, 4, 5}}
yLabels = {"a", "b", "c"}