Re: How to apply Fourier transform to speech signals?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113698] Re: How to apply Fourier transform to speech signals?
  • From: piovere <wb at piovere.com>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 03:38:49 -0500 (EST)

On Nov 7, 4:12 am, hadi motamedi <motamed... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All
> Can you please let me know how can I apply Fourier transform to an
> *.wav speech signal?
> Thank you

(* used on 16bit stereo wav files, ns, np defined earlier *)
inFile = OpenRead["filename.wav", BinaryFormat -> True];
SetStreamPosition[inFile, 0];(* set pointer into Stream/file at byte
count ns *)
SetStreamPosition[inFile, ns];
y = BinaryReadList[inFile, "Integer16", np]; (* pull in np 2 channel
samples *)
Close[inFile];

Fourier[y] now becomes useful.

Here I didn't bother to dump the 32 Int16 header header.

Perhaps a start? Good luck, Rob