Re: How to apply Fourier transform to speech signals?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg113698] Re: How to apply Fourier transform to speech signals?
- From: piovere <wb at piovere.com>
- Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 03:38:49 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
On Nov 7, 4:12 am, hadi motamedi <motamed... at gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All > Can you please let me know how can I apply Fourier transform to an > *.wav speech signal? > Thank you (* used on 16bit stereo wav files, ns, np defined earlier *) inFile = OpenRead["filename.wav", BinaryFormat -> True]; SetStreamPosition[inFile, 0];(* set pointer into Stream/file at byte count ns *) SetStreamPosition[inFile, ns]; y = BinaryReadList[inFile, "Integer16", np]; (* pull in np 2 channel samples *) Close[inFile]; Fourier[y] now becomes useful. Here I didn't bother to dump the 32 Int16 header header. Perhaps a start? Good luck, Rob