Re: Fonts, Formats, and examples as learning tools

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113702] Re: Fonts, Formats, and examples as learning tools
  • From: Daniel Lichtblau <danl at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 03:39:34 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----

I've not yet fathomed what might be a "gotcha" in this thread. But no matter. Your ordinary user will observe a See Also section in the Documentation Center entries, that leads from one of these constructs to several others. Just below the See Also is a set of Tutorials. Example: from the page for Grid one finds, for example, a link called "Grids, Rows, and Columns in Mathematica", taking one to
tutorial/GridsRowsAndColumnsOverview
There are other relevant items there as well. For example, under the next heading, More About, one finds "Grids & Tables" and "Layout & Tables" (and several other items of relevance). I notice similar links in the Documentation Center entries for Row and Column.

I have to wonder whether your ordinary user is simply not checking the documentation. I cannot believe that that simple task is only for the extraordinary.

Daniel Lichtblau
Wolfram Research