Re: band pass or notch filtering?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113977] Re: band pass or notch filtering?
  • From: hadi motamedi <motamedi24 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 06:59:24 -0500 (EST)

On 11/18/10, telefunkenvf14 <rgorka at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not experienced (or as interested) in filtering images as I am
> with filtering audio. Sorry... By the way, does anyone else wish Mathematica
> had more tools for working with Audio?? (or at least more examples in
> the documentation on how to use existing functionality to design and
> implement practical/efficient/high-quality audio filters, spectrograms
> (yes, I know about the new scalograms, but I find Wavelets somewhat
> confusing), real time spectra (or show how to do anything real time
> with Mathematica?), audio effects, implementing models of physical hardware,
> etc) Just a wish list. :D
>
> Although this may not be of interest to you, I recently stumbled
> across the following resource on constructing filters in Mathematica.
> (*HIGHLY RECOMMENDED* for anyone interested in EE-style presentation
> of constructing analog and digital filters):
>
> http://rvl4.ecn.purdue.edu/~malcolm/apple/tr34/FilterDesign.pdf
>
> Also available in Mathematica notebook form: (Note: to open this,
> you'll probably need to rename the file so it has a .nb extension.)
>
> http://rvl4.ecn.purdue.edu/~malcolm/apple/tr34/FilterDesign.mma
>
> -RG

Thank you very much for your reply. I saw on the NASA web that
somebody asked 'is this galaxy picture from Hubble as real or it is
artistic concept?' . With the powerful image processing you can
sharpen the pictures to a reasonable degree. At the other hand , the
speech processing is the advanced field that signal processing can
shows his powerful concepts there. Can you please let me know which
advanced speech processing concepts you can address on Mathematica?