Re: band pass or notch filtering?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113939] Re: band pass or notch filtering?
  • From: telefunkenvf14 <rgorka at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 07:08:07 -0500 (EST)

On Nov 16, 5:04 am, hadi motamedi <motamed... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All
> I learned on how to try for Butterworth low pass or high pass
> filtering of my images (with the aid of your help). Can you please let
> me know how can I combine them to try for band pass or notch filtering
> purposes?
> Thank you

I'm not experienced (or as interested) in filtering images as I am
with filtering audio. Sorry... By the way, does anyone else wish Mathematica
had more tools for working with Audio?? (or at least more examples in
the documentation on how to use existing functionality to design and
implement practical/efficient/high-quality audio filters, spectrograms
(yes, I know about the new scalograms, but I find Wavelets somewhat
confusing), real time spectra (or show how to do anything real time
with Mathematica?), audio effects, implementing models of physical hardware,
etc) Just a wish list. :D

Although this may not be of interest to you, I recently stumbled
across the following resource on constructing filters in Mathematica.
(*HIGHLY RECOMMENDED* for anyone interested in EE-style presentation
of constructing analog and digital filters):

http://rvl4.ecn.purdue.edu/~malcolm/apple/tr34/FilterDesign.pdf

Also available in Mathematica notebook form: (Note: to open this,
you'll probably need to rename the file so it has a .nb extension.)

http://rvl4.ecn.purdue.edu/~malcolm/apple/tr34/FilterDesign.mma

-RG