Re: Mathematica 8
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg114055] Re: Mathematica 8
- From: Dan <dflatin at rcn.com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 07:37:35 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
For what it is worth, on my new, pimped out 27" iMac: 2.93 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB RAM Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.5 I am getting a MathematicaMark8 benchmark of 0.98 after a fresh start up. Considering the top entry is a 3.07 GHz machine with the same processor, I appear to be running at an efficiency that is 2.7% higher than their reference Intel Core i7 machine, (3.07/2.93)*0.98 = 1.027. I have to say, I was pleased to see this and am taking it as evidence that Wolfram has worked to level the playing field between platforms. This being said, as noted earlier, the new 27" iMacs are using the ATI Radeon 5750 and will not be able to take advantage of CUDA. Just the same, the bang for the buck for this machine is nice.