Re: Mathematica 8

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114103] Re: Mathematica 8
  • From: Pierre Albarede <pa.news at free.fr>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 06:02:27 -0500 (EST)

Hi

On Nov 21, 12:29 am, truxton spangler <truxtonspangle... at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Syd I have a one month old Macbook Pro with an Nvidia GPU but CUDAlink
> doesn't seem to like this particular card (the standard GPU shipping
> with this model mac, GeForce 320M)
>
> In= CUDAQ[]
> Out:= False
>
> So it looks like this must work only on selected nvidia cards???

I had the same problem.  No worry, you can use CUDA but you need to
install the driver that you will find there :
http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html

The documentation is not quite clear thereabout.

Could you please try the CUDA tutorial and check if acceleration
occurs as expected ?