Re: Anyone get OpenCL working?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114139] Re: Anyone get OpenCL working?
  • From: Fred Klingener <gigabitbucket at BrockEng.com>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 05:55:54 -0500 (EST)

On Nov 24, 6:57 am, Mark McClure <mcmcc... at unca.edu> wrote:
> I haven't been able to get OpenCL to work with either my Macbook Pro
> (NVIDIA GPU) or my Mac Pro (ATI GPU).  In both cases, the following
> returns True:
>   Needs["OpenCLLink`"];
>   OpenCLQ[]
>
> However, the examples all yield the same error, like so:
>   OpenCLMersenneTwister[50]
>   During evaluation of OpenCLFunction::invblksz:
>   OpenCLLink block size is invalid. >>

Me too. I'm using a MacBookPro with a GeForce 8600M GT (which,
according to the NVIDIA site, supports OpenCL but not CUDA).
OpenCLLink seems to install succesfully, and the low-level doc
examples seem to work ok. It gags, though, on the higher-level
functions, all with with the 'block size' message.

The 8600M doesn't do doubles, only floats, so my current suspicion is
that the high-level functions may be defined with features available
only on the high-level chip sets.

Regards,
Fred Klingener