How to restore the region deleted by accidental paste?

I occasionally run into the following situation -- I select some range
of cells, "Paste" to replace the cells, then realize that I selected
the wrong region. It seems that Mathematica interprets "Paste into
selection" as two operations -- delete region, paste into region.
Using "Undo" I can revert the "paste" command, but I actually care
more about getting back the region that got deleted

Is there some setting that'll allow me to restore the deleted region
in such situation?

-----
http://stackoverflow.com/users/419116/yaroslav-bulatov