C compiler error Mathematica 8 and Cuda

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114298] C compiler error Mathematica 8 and Cuda
  • From: Camille JORDAN <ynceraj at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 04:04:51 -0500 (EST)

I am trying to use Cuda in  Mathematica 8
and somehow I do get an error with the C compiler

This is the error

CreateLibrary::invxpth: The "XCompilerInstallation" option set to
$Failed is not valid. "XCompilerInstallation" must be a string
pointing to the C compiler directory.

I do not have microsoft visual studio installed but I do have
microsoft visual C express

I was reading here

http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/CCompilerDriver/tutorial/SpecificCompilers.html#440103632

that microsoft visual c express can also be used
Anyone knows how to set it up?
Thanks