Re: Finding local maxima in multidimensional array (efficiently)
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg114308] Re: Finding local maxima in multidimensional array (efficiently)
- From: Julian Francis <julian.w.francis at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 04:06:40 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Ray, Thank you very much for your solution, I had not thought of using Sow and Reap in this way. It looks as if giving the algorithm domain knowledge that all your local maxima will be above a certain value, then thresholding first can save quite a bit of time. It does seem quite a computationally demanding calculation. I've just tested your localMaxima version; it gives the the same answer on the test data set I used as my version. It seems considerably faster than my original version (as well as more compact); My timings are between 5-10 times faster than my original coding. Thanks for that, Julian.