Re: how to recover a corrupted notebook?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg114277] Re: how to recover a corrupted notebook?
- From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at umbc.edu>
- Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 04:01:00 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I concur. I have never been able to recover a notebook. I think it has only happened to me once since version 6. Keep copies! Kevin On 11/29/2010 6:09 AM, Helen Read wrote: > On 11/28/2010 6:53 AM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote: >> Hello, >> >> Mathematica 7.0, >> >> As sometimes happens, Mathematica went into some loop, >> waited and waited, and after 5 cups of coffee, could not >> wait more, so I shutdown the process. >> >> Now my notebook will not open, it says it is corrupted. >> >> I tried to fix it using a text editor, but could not. >> >> Here is the original corrupted file, in this folder: >> >> http://12000.org/tmp/nov_27_10/ >> >> I was wondering if there is a tool which will help in >> this? May be some automated tool which can fix a corrupted >> notebook? > > > I have *never* succeeded in recovering a notebook that was corrupted to > the point of not opening. It doesn't happen very often anymore, fortunately. >