Re: how to recover a corrupted notebook?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg114273] Re: how to recover a corrupted notebook?
- From: Helen Read <readhpr at gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 06:09:39 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
On 11/28/2010 6:53 AM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote: > Hello, > > Mathematica 7.0, > > As sometimes happens, Mathematica went into some loop, > waited and waited, and after 5 cups of coffee, could not > wait more, so I shutdown the process. > > Now my notebook will not open, it says it is corrupted. > > I tried to fix it using a text editor, but could not. > > Here is the original corrupted file, in this folder: > > http://12000.org/tmp/nov_27_10/ > > I was wondering if there is a tool which will help in > this? May be some automated tool which can fix a corrupted > notebook? I have *never* succeeded in recovering a notebook that was corrupted to the point of not opening. It doesn't happen very often anymore, fortunately. -- Helen Read