Export Plot3D as text

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg112859] Export Plot3D as text
  • From: Laura Elizabeth McMullen <mcmullel at>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 06:04:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all-

I have functions I am plotting in 3D in Mathematica, defining ranges
of values for two of the variables in the function with the Plot3D
command.  I would like to reproduce these plots in another program,
but am having difficulty exporting the data in a useful format.  I
would like the data to be lists of numerical data, but when I export
the data as text, the file is huge.  Any suggestions?  Thanks for your

Laura McMullen

Laura McMullen
Doctoral candidate
Department of Zoology