No extrapolation warning on Plot

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg112951] No extrapolation warning on Plot
  • From: Simon Pearce <Simon.Pearce at>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 03:37:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Mathgroup,

I've found that Plot often doesn't let me know when it is extrapolating
outside an interpolating function's domain. For example,

sub1 = =

sub2 = =

Here Plot has extrapolated wildly, but no warning message occurs.

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee a=
nd may contain confidential information. If you have received this mess=
age in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   P=
lease do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this me=
ssage or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the aut=
hor of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the Universit=
y of Nottingham.=0D=0A=0D=0AThis message has been checked for viruses b=
ut the contents of an attachment=0D=0Amay still contain software viruse=
s which could damage your computer system:=0D=0Ayou are advised to perf=
orm your own checks. Email communications with the=0D=0AUniversity of N=
ottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.=