Re: something nice I found today, return multiple values from a function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113143] Re: something nice I found today, return multiple values from a function
  • From: Andreas <aagas at ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:50:52 -0400 (EDT)

Nasser

I've followed this thread for a couple of days and it surprises me
that it hasn't drawn more discussion.  I think this approach makes
lots of sense and makes dealing with a wide variety of collections of
data and results much easier to handle.

I have often found myself "tagging" levels or even elements in a
output list to try to emulate the same thing, but your idea works much
better.

I haven't thought this through completely, but do you see this
approach having any drawbacks?  Might a struct restrict preclude some
Mapping operations which one could do on a nested list?

I'd like to see this as a package that we could use to define structs
easily across any notebook.

Very interesting idea.

A.

P.S.  I've posted this through Google Groups but notice that sometimes
things posted through Google Groups don't seem to appear on the
original Drexel site.  Anyone else have the trouble?