Graphics driver for stereoscopic 3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113154] Graphics driver for stereoscopic 3D
  • From: Timothy Gall <timothy.r.gall at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:52:56 -0400 (EDT)

I am using Mathematica 7 with an ATI Radeon 2600 and an iZ3D monitor,
which uses an iZ3D driver in addition to the ATI Catalyst driver.

The iZ3D driver captures Direct3D (DirectX) and OpenGL and then
processes that information to make stereoscopic views.  The driver can
then display the 3D image in anaglyph, side by side, shutter glass, or
polarized form (polarized requires a special monitor and glasses).

Has anyone had any success using iZ3D to generate stereoscopic views
of Mathematica's 3D Plots?  If not, does the nVidia 3D Vision shutter
glasses work with Mathematica?

So far, the only way I could get the iZ3D software to show a
stereoscopic image was to use an external link, e.g.,
http://www.mathematica-users.org/webMathematica/wiki/wiki.jsp?pageName=Advanced_Directx_examples
The examples from that page do display correctly in 3D, which can be
verified by downloading the free iZ3D driver and using anaglyph mode.

How can I view stereoscopic images directly in Mathematica?  I assume
I must somehow force Mathematica to use the iZ3D driver, and not go
directly to the ATI Catalyst driver.

Tim Gall