palettes that would not move

I am using Mathematica 7 under Linux Lucid Lynx. When I open a palette,
it appears on the screen with it's bar hidden on the top, out of reach.
Since one needs to click on this bar to drag the palette to another
position on the screen, I cannot move the palette.
If anyone has experienced this or has any clue to share, I would be
grateful.

Thanks.