How to see command itself but not the result

Hello

I need to see how a command was formed (there are some substitutions,
coefficient, select and etc.) and not the result.  In particular I need how
the linear programming was formed to check whether I got the right set of
equalities and inequalities.

Many thanks (for all the help in some many other silly questions)

Ed